Apply by Nov 15
Apply by April 15
Apply by April 15
The purpose of our internship program is to establish links between universities/colleges and our company. Sinclair Broadcast Group is committed to recruiting applicants of the highest caliber for this program. Please note that this policy is not intended to set forth express or implied contractual obligations of the company to include continued employment.
The goal of our internship program is to recruit students from colleges or universities and prepare them for entry-level jobs within the broadcasting industry.
1. Develop links with universities and colleges to promote Sinclair Broadcast Group and its stations as prospective employers.
2. Create a symbiotic relationship between interns and Sinclair employees.
3. Provide interns with opportunities for translating classroom theories into industry applications. Interns will have the chance to develop practical skills that will improve their chances for success within the broadcast industry.
PRODUCTION INTERN (one selected per semester) - This intern will work closely with our Commercial Producers and Promotion Producers on a variety of projects including client, programming and promotional production. Opportunities to learn include script writing, field production, studio production and editing. Experience or classes involving non-linear editing and field production preferred.
1. The applicant must be attending an accredited institution. Primarily juniors and seniors, from colleges or universities, are selected for an interview. You may also be a student entering your second year in a two-year junior or community college program. Graduate students also are eligible. Preferably, applicants should be communication majors, though other majors may be considered.
2. The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
3. The applicant must be in good academic standing, as defined by his or her academic institution.
4. The applicant must receive academic credit for the internship experience. He or she must be registered for college credit at his or her institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed. Interns are not paid.
5. In addition to meeting the institution's eligibility requirements, the applicant must meet the station and or company's eligibility requirements.
INTERNSHIP POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. The length of the internship must run concurrently with the school year.
2. Each intern is expected to adhere to Sinclair Broadcast Group's policies.
3. Sinclair Broadcast Group makes no guarantee of permanent employment after the internship is over.
4. Each intern is required to work 8 hours a week, up to a maximum of 16 hours, depending upon the mutual agreement of the educational institution and the station. Actual hours in a workweek will vary depending on the university and station.
5. Either party, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. or the student reserves the right to terminate the internship experience if deemed to be in the interest of the station and student.
6. Each intern is required to sign a liability waiver at the start of his or her internship and fill out an internship application.
7. Each intern must have reliable transportation.
8. Interns do not receive pay or benefits.
9. Each intern must adhere to all policies governing the employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. The intern must adhere to policies regarding insubordination, possession of dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives or firearms, excessive absenteeism or tardiness, abuse of company time and other infractions.
10. Each intern shall maintain a neat appearance and adhere to any specified dress code.
11. Interns may use office phone only for company business and in cases of emergency.
12. Interns will observe the same holidays as Sinclair Broadcast Group employees.
13. If an intern is absent on a scheduled workday, he or she must arrange with the supervisor to reschedule those hours.
- A cover letter and resume
- Required forms from applicant's institution
- Internship application (station form to be provided after selection)
- A copy of internship guidelines from student's institution
- Face-to-face interview with supervisor(s)
Send resume and cover letter by email to Ed Sautter.
Interviews begin after April 15 and November 15.