advertise with us
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs, or provides sales services to 62 television stations in 39 markets. Sinclair's television group includes 20 FOX, 19 My Network, 6 UPN, 8 ABC, 3 CBS, 4 NBC affiliates and 2 independent stations and reaches approximately 24% of all U.S. television households.
Sinclair's news franchise includes 37 of its stations which air local news in 31 markets. Sinclair, either directly or through its ventures subsidiary, makes equity investments in strategic companies. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. was founded in 1986, went public in 1995 and is traded on the Nasdaq Exchange under the ticker symbol SBGI.
Locally we are FOX 68 WSYT and My43 WNYS. We offer great programming, today...and in the future.
- Younger skewing FOX/My Network balances older skewing local news
- 61% of all adults are between 18 and 49 years old
- Onondaga and Oswego Counties make up 60% of Syracuse Market retail sales
- WSYT over-delivers Onondaga & Oswego Counties
- WSYT delivers upscale, Metro Households with children
"The purpose of advertising is to create an equity position in a target market and to reach and motivate a sufficient number of consumers so that a business can realize a specific growth objective." - Michael Corbett
In order for customers to know about your products and services, you need to let people know about your business by advertising.
If you are looking to reach new customers and increase sales, then advertising should definitely be a part of the success plan for your business.
Here is why you should advertise:
- Advertising Creates Store Traffic
- Advertising Attracts New Customers
- Advertising Encourages Repeat Business
- Advertising Generates Continuous Business
- Advertising is an Investment in Success
- Advertising Keeps You in the Competitive Race
- Advertising Keeps Your Business Top-of-Minds
- Advertising Gives Your Business a Successful Image
- Advertising Maintains Morale
- Advertising Brings in Big Bucks for Your Business
Time Spent Yesterday in Minutes with Major Media (A18+)
- Television 236.6
- Internet 98.5
- Radio 98.0
- Newspaper 26.7
- Magazines 16.7
television: branding & awareness
- Most dominant and powerful media for reaching customers.
- Perceived as the most authoritative, influential, exciting and believable form of advertising.
- Targets your audience and provides greater reach and frequency.
- Television remains the single most important source of information and entertainment for billions of people around the world.
- Adults spend significantly more time with television than with other media, in every major demographic segment.
- The average person watches four hours, 35 minutes of television each day.
- There are 2.73 TV sets in the typical home and 2.55 people.
internet: information & interaction
- Drives branding and information on demand.
- Allows customers to interact directly with the advertiser.
- Provides businesses with an immediate, real time response.
- The internet becomes a resource, in which people who become aware via television can then go collect additional information.
- 47.1% of adults in the Tampa Bay area spend 180+ minutes a day on the internet.
- 56.5% of adults in the Tampa Bay area visit local broadcast television station websites.
- 75% of Americans watch streaming videos online.
mobile marketing: immediate call-to-action
- Provides instant marketing message directly to mobile phone.
- Stimulates relationships through interactivity.
- Mobile phones are with consumers virtually 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Mobile combined with television generates instant results by creating fresh and desirable promotions to drive traffic, create awareness and increase sales.
- Text messages are typically read within an average of 15 minutes after receipt and responded to within 60 minutes.
- Provides greater response rates and quantifiable redemptions.
Nielsen Media Research. 2008 TVB Media Comparisons Study. The Media Audit, Tampa-St.Petersburg, FL - Apr-May 2009.
For more information please contact Don O'Connor at (315) 472-6800 x306.
You can also contact us via one of the methods below or fill out the form below to get started!
1000 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13203
phone & fax numbers